Sean joined the Centre for Marine and Renewable Energy in September 2014 and currently works as the administrative lead on two European funded FP7 Marie Curie IAPP projects, MARINCOMP and Bridge SMS.
- Planning and coordination of the activities required to produce the deliverables of the “MARINCOMP” & “Bridge SMS” Marie Curie IAPP projects.
- Manage, review and monitor the financial performance of the “MARINCOMP” & “Bridge SMS” Projects.
- Prepare reports & presentations and present project EU deliverables and research results to internal and external audiences.
- Disseminate the progress made on EU projects through web pages, media and at conferences.
- Support in the recruitment and secondment of researchers for Marie Curie IAPP projects.
Sean is a graduate of NUI Galway, with a BEng in Industrial Engineering and Information Systems. After six years working with Bank of Ireland in the IT Strategy, Planning & Control and Operational Risk business units, Sean returned to University College Cork in 2012 to complete his MEngSc in Sustainable Energy.