Eamonn is a post-doctoral researcher in the Energy Policy and Modelling Group in MaREI whose work focuses on using a combination of modelling techniques to inform climate policy in the transport sector.
· Incorporating consumer choice into the modelling of private cars
· Assessing cost-optimal and technically feasible areas of decarbonisation for the road freight transportation sector in Ireland
· Creating policy analysis in stock simulation models driven by medium term (2030) to long term (2050) energy targets
· EPA funded PhD focused on highlighting the options available for the transportation sector in decarbonisation
· Collaborated on the Danish Technical University COMETS project, which used modelling to identify least cost options to decarbonise the entire Danish transportation sector
· Worked with the International Energy Agency updating their method of projecting global road freight and contributing to writing of their report “The Future of Trucks – Implications for Energy and the Environment”
· Worked in University of California, Davis under a Fulbright program creating a novel method for modelling consumer choice in the private car sector for Ireland and Denmark