- Entry is free for all students registered on an engineering degree programme in a third level institution on the Island of Ireland.
- Vlog, animation, live-action, graphical, photo montage – you decide how the video looks.
- Only videos completed since 1st April 2021 may be submitted.
- The maximum number of entries per individual is two.
- Videos must be targeted at children aged between 5-12 years (category 1) or 13-18 years (category 2).
- The judging panel will be looking for original, imaginative and engaging videos that arrest, entertain, provoke thought and showcase engineering to children.
- You must have obtained the necessary permissions for the inclusion of copyrighted music and/or images within your video.
- When making the video, you must adhere to government guidelines on COVID-19:
- 10 finalists will be selected for the 60-second ‘This is Engineering…’ Film Festival screening at 12 noon on 8th March 2022, sponsored by Engineers Ireland West Region.
- For your video to be considered for shortlisting, you will need to upload a high-resolution version of your video, for use by Engineers Ireland and its affiliations for public screening, to https://forms.gle/YuPuK61kDAACsAdL7. The preferred video format is MP4, but .mov, .flv, .avi are also accepted.
- If your video is selected, we will contact you for a brief synopsis of your video to include in the program for public screening.
- The €700 prize fund will be split between the two video categories with 1st, 2nd and 3rd prizes of €200, €100 and €50, respectively.
- Entrants agree to their videos being used in future by Engineers Ireland and the National University of Ireland Galway for promotional purposes in any manner they see fit without the entrant being entitled to any payment or expenses for such use.
- Rules are subject to change by Engineers Ireland West Region Committee.