This position is now closed
MaREI is the world-leading Science Foundation Ireland Research Centre for Energy, Climate and Marine, coordinated by the Environmental Research Institute (ERI) at University College Cork. MaREI has over 200 researchers across 13 partner institutes in Ireland working with 75 industry partners focussing on the energy transition, climate action and the blue economy. MaREI delivers excellent research with societal impact by supporting industry, informing policy and empowering society.
MaREI’s research capabilities cover a wide range of cross-cutting topics in marine renewable energy technologies, materials and structures, observation and operations, coastal and marine systems, bioenergy, energy policy and modelling, and energy management. MaREI researchers work with collaborators in more than 36 countries and this research increasingly underpins energy and climate policies of the Irish Government and the European Union. Through engaged research and dialogue with stakeholders and communities, MaREI also supports the human and societal dimensions of climate action and marine conservation.
We are looking to fill a Communications paid student intern role for 6 months.
Your duties will include but may not be limited to the following:
- Analysis of website content – content gaps, check links etc
- Recommend improvements and implement additions
- Updating of website content with new material including multimedia content
- Optimise content for SEO
Communications / Digital Marketing:
- Analysis of social channels
- Content development – blogs, brochures, newsletters, social
- Podcast – creation and forward planning
- Create and develop strong visual content for reporting – stats, graphs, case studies
- Updating and optimisation of databases – mailing lists, media, staff members
- Induction booklets and systems to track new joiners and leavers in real-time
- Tracking use of resources and publications for non-scientific audiences using various tools
- Competitor analysis
- You must be a current student
- Experience in website CMS e.g. WordPress
- Experience with digital and/or social media tools
- Good project and time management skills. Ability to organise own time and act on own initiative in a busy environment
- Excellent communication and written English skills
- You will ideally be able to start on March 15th 2021 or earlier. We are somewhat flexible on a start date so end of March could be considered for the right applicant
- Doing a course in a relevant discipline i.e. Marketing/Communications, Multimedia, Digital, Media etc
- Have completed at least 2 years of the relevant course
Salary: €1,200 per month for 6 months
Selected candidates will be required to take part in a virtual interview.
Please send your CV or a request for more information to Dee O’ Connor, Marketing and Communications Manager firstname.lastname@example.org