MaREI and MARINET Represented at ICOE 2016 (23rd-25th February, 2016)
MaREI and MARINET Represented at ICOE 2016
February 23rd-25th, 2016 – MAREI and MARINET are delighted to support the 6th International Conference on Ocean Energy 2016 (ICOE 2016), held from 23rd-25th February at the EICC Edinburgh.
February 23rd-25th, 2016 – MAREI and MARINET are delighted to support the 6th International Conference on Ocean Energy 2016 (ICOE 2016), held from 23rd-25th February at the EICC Edinburgh. For further information on the conference programme, registration and exhibition bookings please contact Joshua Reynolds or telephone +44 (0)20 7901 3032.
From Concept to Commercialisation: In order to meet the COP21 targets, it is inevitable that ocean energy will be main-stream by 2050. Europe has led technical innovation in maritime engineering for two millennia; and continues to lead the way when it comes to the last engineering challenge: generating electricity from ocean waves, tides, salinity gradient and thermal energy. At the same time, Asia Pacific and North and South America are now accelerating their test programmes and delivering good results. ICOE 2016 is designed to kick-start and map this journey of ocean energy technology from concept to commercialisation. Attend and join delegates from around the world, in the vibrant city of Edinburgh, to share knowledge, showcase technologies and meet new international partners, investors and suppliers. ICOE is the global venue for exchange of information and building relationships, in order to grow a world-wide ocean energy industry and is held every two years since its inception in 2006.
What’s in it for you?
- Be recognized as an industry leader amongst 90 international wave and tidal energy exhibitors, agencies and organisations from over 25 countries
- Enjoy unrestricted access to a world-class conference featuring over 150 speakers, with hot topics such as emerging markets, grid solutions, consenting and licensing, emerging technologies, pathways to commercialisation and large investor engagement
- Choose from over 9 side events, workshops, demonstrations & tours taking place before, during and after the main conference
- Network and do business with 900+ delegates, comprising of investors, project and technology developers including decision makers from government and industry
- Experience a typically Scottish evening featuring traditional Scottish Pipers, Ceilidh and delicious locally produced food at the official conference dinner
- Visit the UK, the global leader in ocean energy, with more wave and tidal devices being tested (10MW) than the rest of the world combined