Key Duties and Responsibilities
- To work under the direction of the Principal Investigator/Project Leader.
- To create a wide variety of graphic materials for project outputs and promotion, including infographics, fact sheets, brochures, and web graphics.
- To design and maintain project websites.
- To produce, and publish content for digital platforms in different formats (written, video, graphic, audio).
- To design and produce project newsletters.
- To update, maintain, and grow project social media channels: Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, blogs.
- To contribute to writing, design, and dissemination of policy briefs.
- To work with the Principal Investigator to develop project plans and support the research/area.
- Collection of data, research and record maintenance in the research area.
- Development of sustainable IT frameworks/structures.
- To perform a variety of duties involved in supporting the research project(s) or programme.
- To perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
- To facilitate dissemination of information required.
- Implementation and co-ordination of actions on policy decisions in the research area.
- To assist in the development of promotional material including website, brochure material, reports etc.
- To develop internal contacts and to develop a knowledge and understanding of the research project and research related work.
- To co-ordinate own day-to-day work to support the research project.
- To undertake duties assigned by the Principal Investigator or his/her nominee in support of the research area.
- To carry out any additional duties as may reasonably be required within the general scope and level of the post.
The successful candidate will be expected to have:
- A graduate qualification in a field of discipline relevant to the area of investigation i.e. BSc or MSc. in Interactive Media, Science Communication or equivalent.
- Proven experience with Graphic Design Software such as Adobe Illustrator. Proven ability to deliver creative content including graphic design, text, image and video.
- Proven ability in content creation for social media channels.
- Proven ability in website design and content management.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Video-editing experience.
- Demonstrated commitment to research.
- Ability to maintain records and excellent computer skills.
- Excellent organisational skills, including a proven ability to work to deadlines.
- Proven ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to relate to staff in a collegial manner.
- Excellent organisational, interpersonal, report writing and IT skills.
- Excellent communication, both written and spoken.
- High level of initiative.
- Interest in user experience and user interface design.
- Interest in motion graphics and creation of explainer videos.
MaREI is a key research centre within UCC’s Environmental Research Institute (ERI), which is an internationally recognised Institute for environmental research dedicated to the understanding and protection of our natural environment and to developing innovative technologies, tools and services to facilitate a transformation to a zero carbon and resource efficient society. The MaREI Centre is an SFI funded research centre headquartered in the ERI and includes 13 other Universities and Third Level Institutes from across Ireland, has 50 industrial partners and has accumulated research funding of approximately €60m. It combines the expertise of a wide range of research groups and industry partners, with the shared mission of solving the main scientific, technical and socio-economic challenges across the climate, energy and marine spaces. MaREI is also funded by SEAI, EI, EPA, ERDF, EU, HEA, Marine Institute, DCCAE and IRC, as well as through contributions from our industry partners. Researchers in the MaREI Centre have over 30 years of experience in conducting fundamental and applied research supported by competitively won national and international funding, and commercial contracts with government agencies and industry. MaREI’s strengths lie in the multi-disciplinary nature of its research teams, allowing it to combine insights across areas such as MRE Technologies, Materials & Structures, Observations & Operations, Coastal & Marine Systems, Bioenergy, Energy Policy & Modelling and Renewable Energy Management.
Closing date for receipt of applications is 12 noon (Irish Local Time) on Friday, 29th July 2022.
CVs and handwritten forms will not be accepted.
Late applications will not be accepted.