State supports for PhD researchers
In the context of Impact 2030: Ireland’s Research and Innovation Strategy , the Minister for Further and Higher Education, Research, Innovation and Science Simon Harris announced a national review of State supports for PhD researchers. The scope of the review includes:
- current PhD researcher supports including financial supports (stipends, SUSI supports and others)
- the adequacy, consistency and equity of current arrangements across research funders and higher education institutions, including equity and welfare considerations
- the status of PhD researchers (student, employee) including a review of international comparators and models
- the impact on the funding of research programmes of any adjustments to current supports
- graduate outcomes for PhD graduates including return on investment/benefits to the researcher
- visa requirements and duration for non-EU students
The consultation will be open until 10am on Monday, 13 March 2023 . Any submissions received after this date may not be considered and early engagement is encouraged.
To make a submission, please read the consultation document at the end of this page and follow the steps provided in the document.
Find out more information here.
Have your say on State supports for PhD researchers. Make your submission by 10am on Monday, 13 March. “It is an opportunity for stakeholders to provide their views and I encourage all interested parties to respond.” – Minister Harrishttps://t.co/kkpsgORbNj
— Department of Further and Higher Education (@DeptofFHed) February 24, 2023