Engineers Week 2023 gives you a chance to enter the #ThisIsEngineering2023 competition and have fun creating a video explaining what engineering is to school children in just a minute or less!
To be in with a chance of winning a share of the €700 prize money, share your video on your social media account using the hashtags #ThisIsEngineering2023 and #STEPSEngineersWeek, then upload your video and details to https://forms.gle/96cqq6ig7RUBM7bn6 before 11 pm on Sunday 26th February 2023. Entry is free.
Finalists will be selected for the This is Engineering… Film Festival screening at 12 noon on 8th March 2023, sponsored by Engineers Ireland West Region.
How to Enter and Rules:
- Entry is free for all students registered on an engineering degree programme in a third level institution on the Island of Ireland.
- Vlog, animation, live action, graphical, photo montage – you decide how the video looks.
- Only videos completed since 1st April 2022 may be submitted.
- The maximum number of entries per individual is two.
- Videos must be targeted at children aged between 5-12 years (category 1) or 13-18 years (category 2).
- The judging panel will be looking for original, imaginative and engaging videos that arrest, entertain, provoke thought and showcase engineering to children.
- You must have obtained necessary permissions for the inclusion of copyrighted music and/or images within your video.
- 10 finalists will be selected for the 60-second ‘This is Engineering…’ Film Festival screening at 12 noon on 8th March 2023, sponsored by Engineers Ireland West Region.
- For your video to be considered for shortlisting, you will need to upload a high-resolution version of your video, for use by Engineers Ireland and its affiliations for public screening, to https://forms.gle/96cqq6ig7RUBM7bn6. The preferred video format is MP4, but .mov, .flv, .avi are also accepted.
- If your video is selected, we will contact you for a brief synopsis of your video to include in the program for public screening.
- The €700 prize fund will be split between the two video categories with 1st, 2nd and 3rd prizes of €200, €100 and €50, respectively.
- Entrants agree to their videos being used in future by Engineers Ireland and University of Galway for promotional purposes in any manner they see fit without the entrant being entitled to any payment or expenses for such use.
- Rules are subject to change by Engineers Ireland West Region Committee.