MaREI Director, Prof. Brian Ó Gallachóir to speak at ‘Better together: knowledge co-production for a sustainable society’
And MaREI at UCC CCAT project to take part in the afternoon workshop ‘Scaling research impact for sustainability through co-production of knowledge.
To register for the event, click here
This event is a symposium that explores how the Irish research system can increase the impact of sustainability research through co-production of knowledge.
This symposium will explore how the Irish research system can respond to the demand for increased levels of collaboration and interaction amongst scientists, stakeholders and funders to co-produce knowledge and increase its use in decision-making and practice.
It will feature keynote addresses from international experts in transdisciplinary research:
- Dr Christian Erik Pohl, Co-Director of the Transdisciplinarity Lab (TdLab) of the Department of Environmental Systems Science at ETH Zurich
- Carthage Smith, Lead Co-ordinator of the OECD Global Science Forum
It will also include eight case study presentations on co-production with government departments, industry, NGOs and communities:
- Brian Ó Gallachoir, University College Cork, Collaborative research for co-production of climate mitigation policy
- Mary-Liz Walshe, Dublin City Council, Restoration of the River Camac, Dublin
- Alison Hough, Athlone Institute of Technology and Mary Dobbs, Maynooth University, Cross-border co-production of environmental knowledge: a collaboration with civil society
- Pilar Fernandez-Ibanez, Ulster University and Catalina Herrera, Centro de Ciencia y Tecnología de Antioquia, Colombia, SAFEWATER: Low-cost technologies for safe drinking water in developing regions
- Nigel Scollan, Queen’s University Belfast, Food Futures: delivering environmental and sustainability agenda in agriculture and food
- Ultan McCarthy, Waterford Institute of Technology, Eye-Q: an Intelligent optical freshness profiler
- Niamh Moore-Cherry, University College Dublin, Mapping green Dublin
- Ainhoa Gonzalez, University College Dublin, Measuring sustainable actions at community level: the Community SDG Dashboard
A discussion paper featuring a new collection of case studies on knowledge co-production in the areas of environmental and sustainability research on the island of Ireland will be shared ahead of the event.
For more information on this event, click here.