The CREDENCE project Showcase Event will share some of the research, insights, impacts and outcomes of the 1st US-Ireland Centre to Centre research project focusing on environment and sustainability.
The event will take place on the 29th of June 2021 at 14.15 and will run until 16.50 (BST).
– The US and Ireland have set very ambitious emissions reduction targets over the next 10-15 years to address climate change.
– The US-Ireland partnership programme supports the CREDENCE research project to generate new knowledge that directly supports these policy ambitions.
– We have analyzed carbon emissions reductions in both the US and Ireland through increased renewable energy deployment and electrification of heat and transport.
– The impacts of CREDENCE are clearly visible through the policy support we are providing to the Department of Environment, Climate and Communications in revising Ireland’s Climate Action Plan.
– CREDENCE is also supporting industry e.g. Electric Power Research Institute launching their European Headquarters in Dublin.
– CREDENCE is empowering society, for example through the Dingle Peninsula 2030 projects that combines rural development with climate action.
– CREDENCE (Collaborative REsearch of Decentralization, ElectrificatioN, Communications and Economics) explores two key dimensions of the shift to a renewable-based energy system, namely how much of our future heat and transport energy needs will be met with electricity? and what are the optimal levels of decentralization for future energy systems?
Register for the event HERE