- Start Date
- End Date
- Funding Body
Natalia Martin Palenzuela, IFREMER, France
- Project Partners
MaREI Centre, Environmental Research Institute, UCC (Ireland); ERINN Innovation Ltd (Ireland), JPIOceans (Belgium); Konsortium Deutsche Meeresforschung (Germany); Flanders Marine Institute (Belgium); Conference of Peripheral Maritime Regions (France); University of Southern Denmark; Centro Technologico del Mar (Spain); Nordland Research Institute (Norway); Institut de Ciències del Mar (Spain); Italian National Research Council; Sustainable Projects GmbH (Germany); Galway Atlantic Aquaria (Ireland); EuroMarine Association (Belgium); Fraunhofer (Germany)
- Research Area
Marine Restoration, Community Engagement, Sustainable Blue Economy
PREP4BLUE is a €4.9 million, three-year project that will set the foundations for co-creating and co-implementing the research and innovation required to achieve Mission Restore our Ocean and Waters by 2030. MaREI UCC lead Work Package 3: Citizen Engagement. This focuses on enabling stakeholders to empower citizen and community-led action in support of the Mission, through broadening citizen engagement using participatory methods. The Work Package objectives are to:
- Support efforts to increase citizen participation and engagement with Mission goals.
- Deepen citizen engagement with the Mission by co-creating and co-developing approaches for driving citizen participation.
- Provide expertise to ensure citizen engagement activities produce valuable outcomes.
- WP1 Project Coordination
- WP2 Creating a Visionary Narrative for Mission Ocean
- WP3 Citizen Engagement with Mission Ocean
- WP4 Knowledge Management and Knowledge Transfer to Support the Mission
- WP5 Business Models, Regulation and the Financial Ecosystem
- WP6 Stakeholder Engagement